23 Dec Ready, Set, GOALS!
The holiday season is a great time to reflect on successes from this past year and look ahead to the upcoming one. As we near the end of 2014, make sure you take a moment to take stock of all your company’s accomplishments and feel proud of them.
It is also time to think of what you would like your company to achieve in 2015. A new year means an opportunity for a fresh start – both at home and at work. And just because you and your agents work from home, it doesn’t mean that you (and they) shouldn’t set separate goals – both personally and professionally. Think about where you are now and where you’d like to be a year from now. Do you want to keep your business as is – or grow it? Take on another client program to service or more agents or just improve upon what you already have? Whatever you want, it can be yours if you set your mind to it.
Here are some tips to help you accomplish your professional goals in 2015:
- As we have already stated, set goals and establish how close you already are to achieving them. This will make it easier to know how far you have to go.
- Clean and organize your workspace. It is hard to face new challenges and projects when you have clutter.
- If there’s a new skill that you need to master to help you achieve your goals, strategize about how you can learn it. Is there an online course you can sign up for or a class at your local community college? Research it now and sign up. Don’t waste any time!
- Manage your “social” reputation, as well as your company’s social reputation. Look through and manage your online profiles so that they only feature the information you want people to know about you.
- Be flexible. It’s difficult to go very far, both professionally and personally, if you aren’t flexible. Try your best to be open to new ideas and new ways to do things.
And most importantly, remember what IS important. Make sure you spend time with your family and friends – doing what you love. It will make you a happier and more productive person.
Here’s to a great 2015!!!