17 Dec 9 Tips for Providing Excellent Customer Service
Providing excellent customer service is a skill that will allow your company’s agents to provide solutions and keep customers happy. In this infographic, we highlight 9 tips for providing excellent customer service. Keep these in mind for every call and your agents are sure to be on top of their game.
9 Tips for Providing Excellent Customer Service
- Know Your Product or Service. Even though it may not seem like being knowledgeable about the product or service for the client you are servicing is a part of customer service, it actually is. When you know the product or service, it helps you answer questions and solve problems. It also can calm an angry customer down when you show your expertise on the subject. It lets them know you are equipped to handle their problem.
- Be Friendly. Did you know that customers on the other end of the phone can tell when you are smiling? It comes through in not only the way you are speaking but helps with your tone and attitude. Smiling and having a friendly disposition will help you feel better too. The most successful customer service experts are the opposite of droning, automated recordings, make sure to show your humanity and your friendly side. Be polite and cordial to everyone you speak to.
- Say Thank You. In addition to being friendly, saying thank you goes a long way towards ingratiating customers. It lets them know you appreciate them and it will make them happy with your high level of customer service and caring.
- Train Your Staff. The Arise Platform allows you the unique opportunity to grow your business by hiring other agents to work under your company. Just like any other business, your agents represent your company and you should train your staff well with all of the customer service advice, tips, and tools we supply you with.
- Show Respect. Another pillar of communicating well with your customers is the show of respect. They are people, just like you and deserve to be treated well while you are helping them or solving their problem.
- Listen. One of the best qualities of the most successful customer service representatives is simply listening. Don’t talk over the customer and just listen to everything they have to say. In fact, encourage them to tell you everything. Take notes. Not only does this allow you to get all of the information you need to solve a problem and help the customer, but it also helps to relieve their stress. As you may know when you are in a similar situation, just getting someone to listen to your problem or situation helps calm you down. The next step after listening is repeating their problem(s) to express your understanding of their issue and needs while establishing you are “on the same page” and have all you need to begin the resolution process.
- Be Responsive. Being friendly and listening doesn’t help resolve problems. You must be responsive to the needs of the customers as well. After listening and repeating what the problem is, you can be responsive by outlining how you plan to resolve the situation.
- Ask for Feedback. Once you have helped a customer, you should always ask for feedback. It can be a simple question like, “Have I done everything to provide the best customer service experience for you today”? You might also ask, “Is there anything else I can do to ensure that I’ve resolved the situation you called about today”?
- Use Feedback You Receive. Make sure to act on the feedback you receive and make adjustments to your customer service technique if something that needs improvement. At the same time, continue doing what works well.
More About the Arise Platform
The Arise Platform offers a work from home opportunity that makes it easy for anyone to operate their own call center business right from home. It gives you the freedom to be your own boss, set your own hours, and work from the comfort of your own home. Being your own boss means taking charge of your call center, which must include a strong focus on customer service. The tips in this infographic will help your company maintain an excellent repertoire and provide the customer service that is expected from the Fortune 500 companies your agent’s service when taking inbound customer service calls for your home-based call center business.