Shh! The Top Work-From-Home Secrets for Service Partners
Working from home is a dream come true for most people, allowing them the flexibility and convenience to work and earn on their own terms. As a Service Partner on the Arise® Platform, you know all about work-life flexibility. We’re willing to bet it’s one of the driving factors that brought you here in the first place. No matter where you are in your solopreneur journey — whether you recently started or you’ve been a Service Partner for years — check out our top work-from-home secrets.
1. Are You Tracking Your Expenses? Spoiler Alert: You Should Be!
Did you know the gig economy currently makes up a significant portion of job opportunities around the world? In fact, by 2027, 60% of the U.S. workforce will be independent.
When you work a side hustle like the Arise® Platform, you may incur some additional expenses — from courses to supplies. Because you’re working for yourself, you should consult a tax professional in your area to determine if you can deduct some of those costs. In any case, keep meticulous records of your expenses, ensuring that you know exactly how much you spent, what you bought, and why it was necessary.
2. Organization = Long-Term Success
That brings us to our next point: Working a side gig requires major organization beyond tracking expenses. To be successful, you’ll want to spend time thoughtfully creating a schedule for your gig work. How many hours a week will you commit to it? Will you be working on weekends? What kinds of gigs and clients do you want to work with?
Asking yourself these questions is important when you start to organize a new routine around your side hustle. After all, time is money — so make sure you prioritize what’s important to ensure you’re getting the most out of the opportunity.
Take it one step further and assess the amount of time and resources you have available to invest in your side hustle in the first place. That way you’ll be able to narrow down how much time you can invest. If you don’t change up your routine, to include your new side hustle, you might hinder your success.
3. Work From Home and Save Major Cash
Research says people who work from home typically save anywhere between $2,000 and $7,000 a year. This means if you’re working from home now, you’re able to save more for the future.
- Child Care. The National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies found that a family making the state median income spends an average of 18% of their salaries on after-school childcare. By working from home, you can eliminate the substantial cost of after-school care. That means more money in your pocket.
- Transportation. The average U.S. commute is about 26.4 minutes one way. This means most commuters spend nearly an hour of driving or riding public transportation each day. Clearly, this can put a large dent in your pocket. Whether you are filling your car up with gas twice a week or recharging your public transportation card. By working from home, you are making the choice to shave a large expense out of your monthly budget.
- Food. Research says that the average American worker spends $1,000 a year on coffee and $2,000 a year on lunch. Working from home gives you the option to make that daily cup of coffee in the comfort of your own kitchen and spend a lot less on your caffeine fix. Likewise, when working from home you’re less likely to spend that $15 on a garden salad for lunch!
- Office Attire. This may seem like a small savings when thinking of other large-scale items. However, when considering the amount of money you will save long-term when you don’t have to dress for a corporate environment and don’t have to budget the extra monthly bill of maintaining corporate attire through dry-cleaning fees and possible tailoring services, you start to see how you will be able to save money in the long run.
Service Partner Success
You know better than anyone that earning money for flexible work you enjoy doing is rewarding and exciting! Keep it going by checking out our latest opportunities for Service Partners here.
Be your own boss
With The Arise® Platform
Provide customer support from home and have control over your income.Sign up now!