SYSTEM AND EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
Computer, headset, phone, Internet and equipment that is compatible with the Arise Platform.
In order to use the Arise Platform, the following system and equipment requirements must be met. Certain client programs may have additional requirements.
Prior to selecting a client program, you will have access to the Opportunity Announcement which details requirements above and beyond the ones listed below.
- USB headset with microphone— Logitech, Plantronics, Microsoft, or similar brands recommended.
- Hard-wired telephone and headset — Plantronics T10 or similar recommended.
- Yes: A desktop/tower computer with a separate monitor is recommended.
- Maybe: All-in-one computers and Apple Mac computers may not be compatible with some client programs. Please refer to the Opportunity Announcement for additional requirements.
- No: Dual boot machines, netbooks, and tablets cannot be used.
Minimum system requirements:
- CPU Speed: 1 GHz dual core processor or better
- Memory: 2 GB of RAM or better 2 GB of RAM or better
Operating System (OS) Requirements
- Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, NEW Windows 10
- MAC OS X 10.10 Yosemite
Standard Connection and Speed:
- Hard-wired connection (no wireless)
- Minimum 3.0 mbps download
- Minimum 1.0 mbps upload
- Minimum Latency
- Threshold: 150 milliseconds (ms)
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or 11 or Edge on Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Mozilla (Firefox 14 to 42) both Windows and Mac
- Safari 8 or 9 (Apple Mac only)
Please note that Google Chrome Browsers are not compatible with the Arise Platform.
Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows
Other security software may be incompatible and should be avoided. Technical support may be refused if your company’s software configuration is not compatible with the Arise Platform or is determined to cause incompatibilities with servicing software required by the client.
Avoid the following: Your company is responsible for maintaining the security and reliability of its equipment. The following items are considered security risks to the Arise Platform and, upon detection, may subject your company to the suspension or termination of its MSA or SOW:
- Malware infected software
- Virtualized Operating Systems (ie: VMWare, Parallels, etc.)
- Non-Arise provided VPN software or Proxy settings
- TOR or other privacy software
Yes: Hard-wired broadband Internet service via DSL, Cable, or Fiber Optic connection.
- The use of wireless connections to access any Arise system at any time is prohibited— even if the connection is encrypted.
- Connectivity to the Arise Platform through an unauthorized Proxy Service or unauthorized VPN Service is strictly prohibited.
- Satellite, Microwave, and Cellular Hotspot Internet Services are not permitted. USB connected modems are not supported.
Unless stated otherwise in the Opportunity Announcement, most client programs are compatible with the following types of services:
- POTS (plain old telephone service)
- cable telephony
- digital service
- business class VoIP
- The service should be connected directly from the wall to your telephone
- Softphones and cell phones are not permitted.
- The servicing telephone line should not interface at any point with the computer.
- The servicing telephone line should not have voicemail, fax, or other features on the line (other than long distance, if necessary).