15 Jun MEALS FOR PEOPLE ON THE GO
We all know how difficult it is to run a successful business, manage childcare, your personal life and put a hot meal on the table every night. To alleviate some of the meal time stress we are launching a Meals for People on the Go series which will feature healthy and easy to make meals for you and your family.
The first meal in this series is Baked Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots. This meal takes a couple of hours to cook, which you can use to help the kids with homework, but there is very minimal prep time and cleanup is a breeze. You can also substitute the potatoes and carrots for vegetables of your choice.
BAKED CHICKEN WITH POTATOES AND CARROTS
3- 4 leg quarters
1 cup chicken broth
6 red potatoes quartered
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 teaspoons fresh rosemary
4 teaspoons fresh thyme
4 garlic cloves
½ cup of chopped onion
1 tablespoon of butter
Salt, paprika and pepper to taste
1. Marinade the chicken with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, 2 garlic cloves, 1/4 cup of chopped onion, salt paprika and pepper
2. Marinade the potatoes and carrots with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, 2 garlic cloves, 1/4 cup of chopped onion, salt paprika and pepper
3. Marinade for a few minutes or longer, if time allows
4. Place the chicken and vegetables into a large baking dish with all the ingredients from the marinade
5. Add a tablespoon of butter and 1 cup of chicken broth
6. Sprinkle salt, paprika and pepper to taste, over the chicken and vegetables, for extra seasoning
7. Cook on 350 degrees for 1 hour covered in foil
8. Remove the foil and cook on 425 degrees for 1 hour or until desired crispiness of the chicken and tenderness of the potatoes
9. Serve and enjoy!
If you’ve dreamed of owning your own business or working from home, you don’t have to rack your brain trying to think of a new business idea, in an unknown field that you start from scratch on your own. Register to use the Arise platform today!